Monday, May 25, 2009

Blog Review

This was the first time I had ever blogged and I didn't mind it. I would have enjoyed it much more if it had been a little less. It was a high word count for 3 blogs a week. I really ran out of stuff to write about. I just had nothing to say and couldn't think of anything I wanted to talk about. When I was first told about the blogs I was pretty excited. I was psyched to have my own webpage to do whatever I wanted with. Once the blogs started got going though, I began to dread them from lack of ideas. But the ones that really got going I enjoyed. They just started flowing and the ideas began pouring out of me. I enjoyed letting my thoughts and ideas out on paper... um on screen I guess. I think my favorite blogs I wrote were the ones that I ranted and just vented. Those would include Kids and Creepin' Creeper.

I just realized one of the hardest parts about blogging... It's way to distracting. You get on the internet to look for something, and you get drawn up by browsing the whole web for random stuff. I just got held up for ten minutes because I opened up Yahoo real quick and started reading all of the articles. But maybe that's my own flaw: short attention span.

I think my favorite part of my blog was just setting it up, designing it, adding stuff to it, and making it look tight. I also enjoyed adding pics and videos to posts to make a dull text full page into an interesting display. But my favorite part of the whole blogging assignment as a whole was just reading other peoples blogs. I learned so much about other people, including some stuff I didn't necessarily want to know. But the majority of the stuff was really interesting and worth reading it. I think the one i enjoyed reading most was Spencers, because it was so outrageous and I disagreed with it so much, that I actually found it really interesting and enjoyed it. I don't know maybe that's weird. But anyway as a whole, I thought it was a pretty interesting assignment and I definitely feel I am a better writer because of it.

No comments: